The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
When you register for an Account, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number.
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
ACEM Website follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Like any other website, ACEM Website uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Note that ACEM Website has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Pursuant to the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, this Personal Data Protection Notice describes how the Association of Consulting Engineers Malaysia (“ACEM”) processes and uses your Personal Data.
1. Collection of Personal Data
“Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable. This may include your name, identity card number, passport number, telephone numbers, fax number, address, email address, date of birth, race, gender, marital status, information about your company and your designation in your company, any information about you which you have provided to ACEM through correspondences between you and ACEM and/or any information about you that has been or may be directly or indirectly collected and processed by ACEM from time to time.
In addition to the Personal Data obtained from you directly, ACEM may also collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources, e.g., from application forms, registration forms, and publications that may contain your personal data, when you interact and communicate with ACEM personnel at events or when you make enquiries at the ACEM office.
2. Purpose of Processing Personal Data
ACEM may process your Personal Data for the purpose relating to the business and activities of ACEM which shall include but not limited to the following:
For ACEM membership –
• to process your application for all categories of ACEM membership;
• to register you or your firm with ACEM;
• to provide you with the services and/or products requested by you or your firm as members of ACEM;
• for promotion of the profession of consulting engineering.
• to deliver news and notices pertaining to the practice of consulting engineering.
For participation in activities/events –
• to deliver notification/invitations to activities or events;
• to process your participation in any activities, events, or competition organized by ACEM.
• for ACEM to comply with its obligations under applicable laws;
• to assist with any government agencies or bureaus or bodies including regulatory or police investigation in compliance with applicable laws;
• to facilitate the enforcement of your obligations with us, including but not limited to any default in payment of any outstanding monies owing to ACEM;
• to communicate with you for the purposes listed in this Notice by way of short message service (SMS), telephone, post, and/or by email and to respond to enquiries, comments, and feedback from you.
If you do not provide us with your Personal Data we will not be able to deliver notices, information about our services and/or products in relation to the objectives and business of ACEM.
3. Disclosure to Third Parties
Your Personal Data may be transferred, accessed, or disclosed to third parties for the purposes of promoting consulting engineering services within the country or overseas. ACEM may engage other companies, service providers, or individuals to perform functions on behalf of ACEM, and may provide access or disclose your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. The third parties referred to in this section may include but are not limited to:
• Service providers such as IT service providers, data entry providers, printing service providers, mailing service providers, and design/advertising agencies;
• Professional advisors including our legal advisors, auditors, accountants, and consultants;
• Regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements.
4. Links to Third-Party Websites
5. Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries
Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data, and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of the Honorary Secretary.
Please note that if you withdraw your consent for ACEM to process your Personal Data for the purposes listed in this Notice, ACEM may not be able to provide you with notices, services, and/or products requested by you.
6. Safeguarding your Personal Data
We shall endeavor to implement safeguard measures in the collection, processing, and use of your Personal Data to prevent unauthorized use of your Personal Data.
7. Acknowledgement and Consent
You confirm that you have read and understood this Notice and consent to the processing of your Personal Data by ACEM as described above. In the event you do not consent to the processing of your Personal Data as described in this Notice, please contact ACEM using the contact details above.
ACEM reserves the right to modify, update or amend this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the ACEM website at http://www.acem.com.my.
In the event of any conflict between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version of the Personal Data Protection Notice, the English version shall prevail.
Ir. Chow Tet Fah
The Association of Consulting Engineers Malaysia
No. 63-2 & 65-2 Medan Setia 1, Damansara Heights
50490 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: +6 03 2095 0031 Fax: + 6 03 2095 3499
Email: email@example.com Website: www.acem.com.my
Date: 17 February 2014
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
ACEM Website does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.